Friday, 9 March 2018

Fikile Mbalula resigned as ANC MP

 

THE SOUTH AFRICAN FORMER MINISTER OF POLICE FIKILE MBALULA HAS RESIGNED AS A MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT.


The office of the ANC whip in Parliament confirmed on Friday that Mbalula had tendered his resignation effective from February 26. He was recently removed as minister of police following president Cyril Ramaphosa's Cabinet reshuffle. Mbalula's resignation does not come as surprise as he has been appointed as the ANC's Head of elections, a full-time post to be based at Luthuli House.

''While combrade Mbalula's departure from Parliament will leave a void, we derive satisfaction  from the knowledge that he will continue serving the movement as the ANC's head of Elections towards the 2019 General Elections campaign '' said the statement issued by the Chief Whip Jackson Mthembu's office.

The ANC has announced a series of appointments at its head office at Luthuli House with the aim of beefing up its preparations for the 2019 national elections. Other  appointments at Luthuli House include Senzo Mchunu who will head-up organising and Zizi KOdwa who is appointed as the head as ANC presidency.




 https://www.africanindy.com/news/fikile-mbalula-resigned-as-anc-mp-13673370


9 comments:

  1. This is so sad because I really loved Mr Mbalula due to his faithfulness and honesty , which are some of the qualities we need from government officials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast he will continue as the ANC's head of election towards the 2019 General Elections campaign. But the Parliament will suffer the loss of a great leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is that he was good and sincere on his work and I believe he will continue to do so in his new job- serving the country's needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very determined and honest man of the law, exactly what the South African police force needs, Cyril's reshuffle doesn't satisfy me, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh its painful to loose such an honest leader, just hoping that his position will be taken by someone like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Fikile, what an honest man we had. This guy truly deserved so much more. I for one personally loved how he handled matters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fikile was childish way too much. Yes we want to be happy but not too happy the way he was doing. Atleast he can focus on the 2019 elections

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha. he is the best politician or member of the parliament I've ever known.. he is not afraid to speak his mind either on camera or behind the scenes.. I was worried when I heard that he was stepping down as Minister of Police but now I am glad that we will continue to hear from him..

    ReplyDelete
  9. He was indeed a great and honest man, I mean a hero. I am sure there is a valid reason behind his decision.

    ReplyDelete